• As of June 25th the national average price of self-serivce regular gasoline reached $4.07 per gallon.
• The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that more than 44 million people in the U.S. are driving with underinflated tires and according to the US Department of Energy, it is costing the country more than 3.5 million gallons of gasoline each day.
• Data reveals that 75% of U.S. drivers are likely to wash their cars each month. However, only 19% of drivers properly check their tire pressure and more than half of all motorists do not even know the proper inflation number or where to find it (Source: Rubber Manufacturers Association).
• The average consumer could improve gas mileage by 3.3% by simply keeping their tires inflated to the proper pressure, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
• To help consumers maximize their fuel economy and also improve their tires' performance and efficiency, Goodyear is offering its National "Free Air" Campaign. Motorists can have their tires – regardless of brand or where they were bought – inspected for free at any of the 750 Goodyear-owned and at participating independently owned and operated locations across the country. If needed, Goodyear will fill any underinflated tires to the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure for free… no appointment necessary.
Joseph Viselli – Director of the Goodyear Brand
• "Rising fuel prices will continue to have a dramatic impact on many of us throughout the busy summer driving season."
• "We want America to know that being proactive can make a huge difference when it comes to increasing gas mileage and saving money at the pump."
• "When gas prices are this high, it's easy to see why tire maintenance is so important. A tire that is underinflated doesn't roll as smoothly or as easily and the increased rolling resistance requires more energy, which robs the vehicle of fuel efficiency."
Alan Taylor – Automotive Expert
• "More than seven in 10 Americans will wash their cars this month, while only one in 10 will properly check their air pressure. And more than half of all motorists do not even know their proper inflation number or where to find it."
• "Goodyear is promoting its 'Free Air' Campaign where consumers can get their tires inflated to the manufacturer's recommended pressure for free, regardless of the make or where they bought them. Consumers can come in to any participating Goodyear retailer around the country. No appointment is necessary. To find a Goodyear location near them, and see a list of gas-saving tips, consumer can go online to www.goodyeartires.com."
• "Insuring your tires are properly inflated is one of the fastest, easiest and least expensive ways to improve your vehicle's gas mileage."
Goodyear - www.goodyeartires.com
Fuel Efficiency Tips - www.goodyeartires.com/tireTips
Driving Tips - www.goodyeartires.com/kyt/drivingTips/
Find the Right Tire for Your Vehicle - www.goodyeartires.com/kyt/questions/
Gas Mileage Calculator - www.goodyeartires.com/autoService/roadTripTools/gasMileage.html
Locate the Nearest Goodyear Dealer - www.goodyeardealers.com/