STURGIS, SD -- May 6, 2008--The Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse will once again make its home at Thunder Road during Sturgis Bike Week 2008. In keeping with Thunder Road's reputation as "the custom capital of Sturgis," this year's Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse line-up will feature some of the industry's best custom bikes, builders and special events.
The Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse wouldn't be complete without top name custom bike builders and their bikes. Christian Clayton of Sucker Puch Sallys will unveil Sucker Punch Sallys' Hard Rock Bike, and he and other builders will make appearances throughout the week to meet fans and sign autographs. The Roadhouse will also feature bikes and merchandise from the following:
· Gard Hollinger & L.A. County Choppers
· Paul Cox & Paul Cox Industries
· Russell Mitchell & Exile Cycles
· Billy Lane & Choppers Inc.
As always, the Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse has added some fresh features to its line-up. New this year are the following events:
· "The Next Great American Builder" TV Show - Hosts Billy Lane and Paul Cox, along with other celebrity builders, will be on location at the Roadhouse filming episodes for the show. Amateur bike builders can apply to be on the show (at http://www.greatamericanbuilder.tv), and 13 will be selected to live and work together for about three months in New Orleans.
· First Annual Hard Rock Spotlight Series - Hosted by Rick Fairless of Strokers Dallas and Kim Suter of KC Creations, these live and lighthearted rap sessions will provide motorcycle enthusiasts with an opportunity to hear about the motorcycle world's hottest topics from some of the industry's biggest names. The series will feature a syndicate of motorcycle gurus, custom builders and industry leaders, will let attendees really know how they really feel about timely motorcycle topics. Audience participation will be encouraged.
· Seminole Hard Rock Main Stage ¬¬- As always the Seminole Hard Rock will be the center of all the action inside the Thunderdome. Features this year will include raffling off three Steven Tyler signed Redwing guitar and awards for the custom bike shows that are happening all week at Thunder Road.
· H2Ocean Art Fusion Experiment - This event will match up several nationally acclaimed tattoo artists who will each draw for three minutes and then switch to complete one another's drawings. The result will be a truly collaborative piece of art that will be auctioned off to benefit Soldier's Angels.
"We've added a lot to this year's Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse line-up," said Carrie Repp, event coordinator for the Roadhouse and owner of R&R Promotions. "We'll still host the industry's biggest names and hottest bikes, but most importantly, our benefit events will give the entire biker community a chance to come together to support our troops."
With all the scheduled events, the Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse at Thunder Road will once again be the place to see and be seen during Sturgis Bike Week 2008. For additional information, please visit:
About the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, the title sponsor of the Roadhouse, is a destination where rock n' rollers from across the nation can realize their rock n' roll dreams. The 86-acre resort in Hollywood, Florida, located between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, is pure paradise. It features a colossal 130,000 square foot casino, a lush 4-acre lagoon tropical pool area, a legendary Hard Rock Café, a sensational European-style spa and fitness center, and the famous Hard Rock Live concert hall. Seminole Paradise, South Florida's newest entertainment destination for savvy shopping, delicious dining and explosive entertainment offers a little something for everyone, both day and night. Other sponsors include Budweiser, Michael Lichter Photography, Bikernet.com, Biker Design, the Doghouse and Keyboard Carriage.
About R&R Promotions
Carrie Repp is the strategic owner of R&R Promotions, a multifaceted "live marketing" special events and promotions company with experience in nearly every area of event development, promotion and production. R&R's approach is visionary yet realistic, whether it be a corporate-sponsored event, motorcycle rally, high-end private affair, successful fund-raiser or a national promotion.
About Thunder Road
Located 3 miles east of Sturgis on Highway 34, Thunder Road is hard to miss. With six acres of paved vending space full of high-end, custom, aftermarket vendors and the nearly 40,000 square foot Thunderdome, Thunder Road is the "Custom Capital of Sturgis Bike Week." During the course of the week, Thunder Road is host to the most custom-bike themed events in Sturgis. In conjunction with all the events, Thunder Road will have the best attractions around, including Miss Sturgis, and even more great entertainment. Thunder Road is a part of the Glencoe Nation and is located directly in front of the Glencoe Camp Resort, which will be host to Rock'n the Rally, There's something for everyone at Thunder Road. And, of course, there's plenty of free parking!