Harley Launches Two New Models: SuperLow 1200T and Low Rider
By J. JOSHUA PLACA
Riding a wave of unprecedented Sportster popularity, combined with the rapidly expanding market for baggers, Harley-Davidson has released the SuperLow 1200T, T for Touring. Meanwhile, the iconic Low Rider has rejoined the Dyna fold.
“It’s been a fantastic six months for us,” said President and COO Matt Levatich. “First, Project Rushmore, then the Harley-Davidson Street, now the new SuperLow 1200T and Low Rider models. All are customer led, delivering riders the technical prowess and rebellious spirit that they want infused in each and every new Harley.”
Willie G. Davidson designed the original Low Rider, which debuted in 1977 as a kind of beefed up café racer. It became a favorite of bad boys and custom builders alike for years, but fell out of the lineup for a short time. One of the Motor Company’s most quintessential attitude adjusters, the Low Rider brings old school back. A 1688cc (103 cubic-inch) motor, six-speed tranny and belt final drive get the Low Rider down the road. MSRP starts at $14,200.
What could be lower than Low? The SuperLow is Harley’s bet the moto public will like the affordability and agility of a Sportster equipped with practical ranginess. An adjustable windshield and roomy, lockable saddlebags finish off the 1200T’s profile. The bike sports a 1200cc (73 cubic-inch) engine, five-speed tranny, belt final drive, 4.5 gallon tank and a claimed 48 mpg, which would give it a touring range of around 200 miles before you start running on fumes. It carries an MSRP starting at $11,800.
Low Rider Features
* Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103 engine is rated at 99 ft. lbs. of torque at 3500 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Automatic Compression Release (ACR), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive® transmission. The powertrain is finished in wrinkle black powder coat with chrome-plated covers.
* Unique handlebar riser offers 2.4 inches of adjustment and seamless integration.
* Two-position ergonomic seat is tuned to fit a broad range of riders with a removable bolster that moves the rider 1.5 inches forward; laden seat height is 25.4 inches. High-performance perforated seat cover features a classic stitching pattern.
* Mid-mount foot controls are positioned to best fit most riders with an in-command riding position.
* Split five-spoke cast aluminum wheels feature a classic, muscular look. The wheels are finished in wrinkle black with diamond cut highlights
* Chrome 2-into-1 exhaust emits a throaty sound and pays homage to the original Low Rider.
* Wrinkle black console holds an analog speedometer and analog tachometer. Indicator lights are integrated into the tachometer.
* Chrome-plated rear fender strut covers feature wrinkle black cutouts.
* Chrome-plated battery box insert with wrinkle black highlights.
* Classic headlamp visor.
* Polished front end.
* Dual disc front brakes.
* Suspension features 49mm front forks and coil-over rear shocks, both with tri-rate springs; each tuned to deliver all-day comfort and excellent performance.
* Michelin® Scorcher tires.
* Custom ignition switch located on the left side of the motorcycle.
* H-D® Smart Security System with hands-free, proximity-based security fob as a factory-installed option.
* Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) is a factory-installed option, standard in select markets.
* Chrome steel-laced wheels an available option in select markets
* Color choices include: Vivid Black, two-tone Brilliant Silver/Vivid Black and two-tone Amber Whiskey/Vivid Black.
SuperLow 1200T Features
* An air-cooled Evolution® 1200cc V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 71 ft. lbs. peak torque at 3500 rpm, has a broad powerband for easy get-away from a stop and smooth power out of corners. The powertrain is finished in black powder coat with chrome-plated covers.
* Reduced Reach® two-up touring seat moves the rider forward and features a narrow nose for an easy reach to the ground. Seat height is 26.1 inches.
* Rear suspension features a right-side twin tube and a left-side dial adjustable emulsion shock with an easy-to-reach dial that enables a broad range of pre-load adjustment without removing the saddlebags or using tools.
* Front suspension is tuned to accommodate touring and passenger payloads while providing a comfortable ride.
* Detachable 14-inch clear polycarbonate windshield can be adjusted on the forks to match rider height.
* Optimized rider foot location allows easy reach to the ground and to the side stand.
* Mini footboards provide support to the rider for comfort on long rides.
* Black and silver, split five-spoke aluminum wheels with Michelin® Scorcher 11T touring tires that are engineered for a touring payload.
* Front turn signals are located on the lower triple tree to increase handlebar adjustment range.
* Lockable saddlebags are covered in durable black vinyl with chrome badges.
* Factory-installed rear docking hardware facilitates installation of an optional luggage rack and sissy bar with backrest.
* Premium glass-filled chrome cloisonné tank badge.
* Chrome-plated headlamp visor, turn signal housings and instrument housing.
* Color choices include: Vivid Black, Candy Orange, and two-tone Birch White/Midnight Pearl.
No portion may be used without our written permission.
106 Main Street, North Adams, MA 01247